Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Solstice

One of my favorite days of the year. I am afraid that I am a creature of the night, actually meaning that I love to get up late and and go to bed very late. And this day celebrates the longest day of the year, meaning that I have lots of sunlight until very late in the evening to work in my studio. I can work under artificial light, but sunlight is just so much better. (Actually, with my last name I would qualify as one of the Count's "children of the night". I really love the way Bela Lugosi says this.)

I thought I would post a couple of photos of other figures that have either used the cut-up-fabric-and-glue-it-together method or cut-up-fabric-and-stitch-it-together method.

The Ghost Puppet is the stitch method. This figure is a rod puppet. Her head and right arm can be moved in very intricate ways. So a lot of the bits of fabric on this figure were left free to float in the breeze. By the way, this is the same puppet that made it to the movies and I keep hoping to post those movies someday on this blog. LOL. The Old King is an example of the cut and glue method.
I have been a bit under the weather, again (yikes), but I hope to have more photos of the previous ghost in progress soon.

1 comment: